Magnet features a 1950s advertisement for Trifari costume jewelry. The ad pictures a cardboard foil Christmas tree and invites male readers to select a gift from Trifari for their wives and lady friends. The tree is adorned with silver jewelry
Trifari was founded in 1910 by an Italian immigrant, Gustavo Trifari. Alfred Philippe joined the staff in 1930 as head designer. With a backgroud in luxury jewely, Philippe's designs played an important role in improving the reputation of the Trifari line.
In 1975 the company was sold to Hallmark Jewelry and for the next two decades the name changed hands several times, the last acquisition taking place in 2000.