Magnet pictures a 1954 advertisement for Johnson outboard engines, specifically the Sea-Horse models 3 hp, 5-1/2 hp, 10 hp and 25 hp. The original John Brothers Motor Company was located in Terre Haute, Indiana. After it was destroyed in 1913 by a tornado, the company was moved to South Bend, Indiana, then to Waukegan, Illinois. It was acquired by the former OMC in 1935. Today the brand name is owned by Bombardier Recreational Products who continues to support existing Johnson outboard motors but new models are produced under the Evinrude name.