This refrigerator magnet features an old BW postcard of Fort Bliss during the Mexican Revolution, 1915-17. Around the time of this photo it was the mobilization point for General Pershing. Pershing's command included the staffer George S. Patton Jr. and the first military aviation squad of eight Curtiss JN-2 Jenny's. The initial 27,000 soldiers would grow to nearly 2 million and form the basis of troops sent into Europe in WWI.
Today the base is comprised of a million acres in West Texas and South New Mexico. It is home to the United States Army Air Defense Artillery Center and FORSCOM Air Defense Artillery Brigades.